Monday, March 30, 2015

Advanced Open Water Dive Certification: Action

The last two weekend I have been diving at Mount Lavinia to complete my advanced open water certification. The certification program involved completing five training dives where Arnold, my training buddy, and I undertook in new challenges in diving. The first two dives we both deep dives, where we practiced calculating safety stop times underwater. The two deep dives were both things that made me nervous before hand but deep diving is my new favorite part of diving as being that far under the water is both incredibly beautiful and isolating in a way i have never experienced on land.

In the last three dives we practiced new skills such as under water navigation and search and recovery patterns and learned to tie knots underwater. The final dive was a fish identification course; during the preparation for it we had to read about and discuss the ethical implications of diving in natural environments and our responsibility to protect and monitor the environments in which we dive so as to prevent the further destruction of reef ecology, which is of course a global issue.












No comments:

Post a Comment