Monday, March 30, 2015

Colombo Operated United Nations Executive Comitty and Confrence

Sense last September I have been working with the COMUN ExCo. to plan and initiate the 2015 Colombo Model United Nation conference. It has taken immense perseverance and commitment form every member of the ExCo. as putting together and running a conference of this scale takes long hours and multiple meetings per week. However, the payoff has been well worth it as I think the 2015 conference was a big success.

It was a particular pleasure for me to work with and mentor a group of new delegates over the course of 3 months as we considered and engaged with issue of global importance such as nuclear disarmament and conflict resolution in the middle east.  Teaching and giving feed back to delegates was a new challenge I undertook this year as I have never been in a leadership position among my peers of this scale or importance before, and I believe I bonded with many of those who were in my committee. However, I know that next year I can do better and nurture an even better and more welcoming environment as I now have an increased awareness of my strengths and weaknesses as a leader. 

I am happy to say after a long ten months of working collaboratively with others to pull this event off I am ready to begin again planning next year conference in just a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment